Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Finished Market bag

Not the greatest picture is it? I actually finished knitting it over a week ago, but finally sewed it up this weekend. I made it smaller, because I was afraid it would stretch too much. It came out a little smaller than I had imagined in my mind, but it is still perfect for taking a project somewhere, picking up a few things at the farmers market, or putting my favorite books in it and making a quick escape.
Escape from what, you ask. Well, it seems that we are going through end of winter blahs combined with 'let's test our boundaries with Mom' phase. Note behind the market bag is 1 of the chore charts. Do you see many Xs? I don't either. So we are busy getting back on track around here. I'm usually a very easy-going Mom, if rules are followed and respect to all is shown. Yes, the fun.
Thank you so much Secret Pal again for this yarn and pattern. It is so cute, quick and easy. And in response to the comment in my last post (from I think my SP), the yarn is #1444. (Plymouth Encore worsted). I've divided for the arms now and almost have the right front done. I might be able to finish the back with the yarn I have, but I will be running out. On the other hand, both Q and I love the colors and think it will be a favorite sweater of his. Once his now living in reality Momma finds more yarn...hehe.

5 Comments:

Blogger chris said...

Your Market Bag is beautiful!! I love the colorway and it looks like such a handy-sized bag to have. Your chore chart brought a smile to my face- we have the same thing hanging on our refrigerator for good behavior. There are some days when I swear there are no X's on it!! ;-) Hang in there and take care, Michelle! :-)

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bag looks beautiful and I think it is the perfect size for fruit or some other produce. I'm impressed that you manage to parent 2 growing young men and get in as much knitting as you do.
-SP

8:37 PM  
Blogger Catherine Kerth said...

love the bag, and i am sorry the blah's have struck! will be thinking of you :)

9:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice bag and color of yarn. I'm sure that you'll get past the winter blues, just do some more knitting with bright colors. SMile.

8:06 PM  
Blogger ullash said...

They're all beautiful, Carol.



camouflage backpack
camouflage duffel bag
camouflage flask
camouflage knives
camouflage tote bag

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home